Wednesday, September 21, 2011

“THORN IN THE FLESH”

WEDNESDAY
MI DAILY DEVOTION
“THORN IN THE FLESH”
(II Corinthians 12:7- 9) 7- “And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. 8- For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. 9- And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”

Do you have a “thorn in the flesh”? And if you have one, what is it? What do you think the Lord’s purpose why He gave you the “thorn in the flesh”? In my personal experience as a pastor; it’s because God wants to humble us and make us know and see that His grace is sufficient for us. He did it to Apostle Paul and He is still doing it to His people. The Lord Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. He has not changed in His dealing to us and He has not changed in what He is doing in us and what He will be doing through us. With all the abundance of God’s blessings and all the abundance of what God is doing in our lives; our tendency as a human being is to be proud, arrogant, self- sufficient and exalt ourselves instead of giving God the glory.

(II Corinthians 12:10- 11) “Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong. 11- I am become a fool in glorying; ye have compelled me: for I ought to have been commended of you: for in nothing am I behind the very chiefest apostles, though I be nothing.”