Friday, September 2, 2011

JESUS- THE SPRINGS OF LIVING WATER

FRIDAY
MI DAILY DEVOTION
JESUS- THE SPRINGS OF LIVING WATER
(John 4:14) “But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.”
Springs of Living Water
*“I thirsted in the barren land of sin and shame
And nothing satisfying there I found
But to the blessed cross of Christ one day I came
Where springs of living water did abound
*Drinking at the springs of living water
Happy now am I, my soul is satisfied
Drinking at the springs of living water
O wonderful and bountiful supply
*How sweet the living water from the hills of God
It makes me glad and happy all the way
Now glory, grace and blessing mark the path I've trod
I'm shouting "Hallelujah" every day
*O sinner, won't you come today to Calvary
A fountain there is flowing deep and wide
The Saviour now invites you to the water free
Where thirsting spirits can be satisfied” (Words and music: John W Peterson, from Gospel Songs)
(Isaiah 35:7) “And the parched ground shall become a pool, and the thirsty land springs of water: in the habitation of dragons, where each lay, shall be grass with reeds and rushes.”