Sunday, November 2, 2014

The Statements of the Dying Men

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: 28- So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.” (Hebrews 9:27- 28 King James Version)


Dr. Billy Graham in his book ‘Peace with God’ wrote: “The last statements of dying men provide an excellent study for those who are looking for realism in the face of death.” Billy Graham is very much alive, but here are some of the statements of  godly men before they died:

Matthew Henry- “Sin is bitter. I bless God I have inward supports.”

Martin Luther- “Our God is the God from whom cometh salvation: God is the Lord by whom we escape death.”
John Knox- “Live in Christ, live in Christ, and the flesh need not fear death.”

John Wesley- “The best of all is, God is with us. Farewell! Farewell!



Richard Baxter- “I have pain; but I have peace. I have peace!

William Carey, the missionary- “When I am gone, speak less of Dr. Carey and more of Dr. Carey’s Savior.”

Adoniram Judson- “I am not tired of my work, neither am I tired of the world; yet when Christ calls me home, I shall go with gladness of a boy bounding away from school.”

Joram R.Sagansay, the night before he went to be with the Lord- “I’m not going to spend my vacation in Subic, Zambales, Philippines, I’m going to spend my vacation with God, with dad, mom, and my big brother Rosendo in heaven.”


“Boast not thyself of to- morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.” (Proverbs 27:1 KJV)