Friday, January 20, 2012

WHAT IS FAITH? (PART 2)

MI DAILY DEVOTION
FRIDAY
WHAT IS FAITH? (PART 2)
(Proverbs 3:5- 6) Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6- In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Trust, believe, faith and hope are synonymously used in the Scriptures. Faith for me is seeing the invincible and holding unto the impossible. I have a few definition of faith, but we have the Scriptures as the only source of truth and wisdom. That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. (I Corinthians 2:5) So many beliefs and religions that teach and preach about faith, but on the opposite side and stand as according to what the Scripture teaches. For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole. 22- But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour. (Matthew 9:18-22) Faith for me in these verses is a touch of God, a touch for God and a touch with God. The woman said; If I may but touch his garment… And we say; If I may but touch His cross and His shed blood… Or we may say; If I may but touch His heart with my prayer of faith and prayer with faith…Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word. 116- Uphold me according unto thy word, that I may live: and let me not be ashamed of my hope. (Psalm 119:114; 116) Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. (John 6:53) Faith is looking back, looking in and looking up. (ERS) It’s looking back 2,000 years ago at the cross of Calvary, looking into your heart as sinner and looking up to God’s blessed hope. Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Hebrews 12:2)