Friday, April 8, 2011

7 REASONS WHY JESUS CAME HERE ON EARTH

04-08-11 MI DAILY DEVOTION
7 REASONS WHY JESUS CAME HERE ON EARTH
There are several reasons in the Holy Bible why Jesus came here on earth in the flesh by virgin birth. But let me just give you 7 reasons which I believe could be good enough to open our eyes and spirit of understanding of the truth of His free gift of salvation.
I- Jesus came to seek and to save that which was lost. (Luke 19:10) “For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.”
2- Jesus came to show us the love of the Father. (John 3:16; Romans 5:8) 16- “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” 8- But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
3- Jesus came to do the Father’s business. (Luke 2:49) “And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?”
4- Jesus came to reveal to us the Father. (John 17:3) “And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.”
5- Jesus came to fulfill the Father’s prophecy, His will and the Father’s work. (Genesis 3:15; John 17:4) 15- “And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.” 4- “I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.”
6- Jesus came to forgive us of our sins. (Matthew 1:21, John 1:29) 21- “And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.” 29- The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.”
7- Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil. (I John 3:8) 8- “He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.” One of my favorite songs about Christ coming in the flesh is “He came to me” by Squire Parsons. Check out the message of the song;
“The gulf that separated me from Christ, my Lord, It was so vast the crossing I could never ford;
From where I was to His domain, it seemed so far; I cried, "Dear Lord, I cannot come to where you are.

He came to me, O, He came to me. When I could not come to where He was, He came to me.
That's why He died on Calvary; When I could not come to where He was, He came to me.

He came to me when I was bound in chains of sin, He came to me when I possessed no hope
within;
He picked me up and He drew me gently to His side, Where, today, in His sweet love I now abide.”