Saturday, April 9, 2011

ASK THE LORD FOR GRACE

04- 09- 11 MI DAILY DEVOTION
ASK THE LORD FOR GRACE
The Bible mentioned different kinds of grace. We are living in a grace generation and some theologians called it “grace period’. And I agree, we are living in a church age and in the same way, let me call it “grace period”. Let me give you the kinds of grace that we need in this difficult times.
I- “Saving grace”, it is in reference to the grace that we have in Him when we came to know Him as our Lord and Savior by faith. Everyone who humbly comes to God by faith will be saved by His grace on Calvary’s tree where Jesus died for you and me. (Ephesians 2:8- 9) 8- “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9- Not of works, lest any man should boast.” (Romans 4:16) “Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,”
II- “Sufficient grace”, we are what we are because of the grace of God. (I Corinthians 15:10) “But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.” You can ask God for His sufficient grace in whatever situations you are in. (II Corinthians 12:7- 9) “And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.” When Paul was suffering and struggling on his “thorn in the flesh, 8- For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. 9- And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”
III- “Singing grace”, Can you sing in spite of the pain, suffering or the difficult times that you’re going through right now? Playing the right tunes in the midst of the storm is next to impossible to many. It’s hard to sing the right tunes and music when you’re facing the foreclosures of your home or you’re in bankruptcy. (Colossian 3:16) “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.” If you are in the midst of fiery trials, music to you is beyond your mind. But Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego were on fire for the Lord and in their music while they (the trio) were in their fiery trials. They made their enemies their captive audience watched and listened to them while they were singing for the Lord in their sufferings and persecution. Paul and Silas had the same experienced; they made their captive audience watched them while they have their Concert in prayer and songs of deliverance in spite of imprisonment and in spite of being in the dark room of uncertainty and persecution. (Acts 16:22-25) 22- “And the multitude rose up together against them: and the magistrates rent off their clothes, and commanded to beat them. 23- And when they had laid many stripes upon them, they cast them into prison, charging the jailor to keep them safely: 24- Who, having received such a charge, thrust them into the inner prison, and made their feet fast in the stocks. 25- And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.”