Tuesday, April 5, 2011

YOU CAN’T FOOL GOD

04- 05- 11 MI DAILY DEVOTION (Proverbs 14:9)
YOU CAN’T FOOL GOD
Fools make a mock at sin: but among the righteous there is favour.”
We can always deceive ourselves and may be other people, but we cannot deceive God. God is Omniscient and He knows our hearts and our thoughts. King David said, “I have my own foolishness.” In the Book of (Psalm 73:22) Asaph said, “So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before thee.” With all the foolishness of man, one thing for sure: We can’t fool God!
YOU CAN’T FOOL GOD
“You can fool the hapless public, You can be a subtle fraud,
You can hide your little meanness, But you can’t fool God!
You can advertise your virtues, You can self-achievement laud,
You can laud yourself with riches, But you can’t fool God!
You can criticize the Bible, You can be a selfish clod,
You can lie, swear, drink, and gamble, But you can’t fool God!
You can magnify your talent, You can hear the world applaud,
You can boast yourself somebody, But you can’t fool God!”
Khight’s Master Book of New Illustrations,
(Granville Kleiser)
We may have in our hands the riches of this world and the prosperity in life and in your business or career, but we will still be accountable to God. The verses from the Psalmists are in relation to what Granville Kleiser was saying about “You can’t fool God.” (Psalm 73:1- 3) 1- “A Psalm of Asaph. Truly God is good to Israel, even to such as are of a clean heart. 2- But as for me, my feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipped. 3- For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.” God has a sense of humor because He made me laugh when I read these verses from the Book of Ecclesiastes and I believe that this will really make you think and laugh about the wisdom of King Solomon and God’s Word. (Ecclesiastes 10:1- 3) 1- “Dead flies cause the ointment of the apothecary to send forth a stinking savour: so doth a little folly him that is in reputation for wisdom and honour. 2- A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left. 3- Yea also, when he that is a fool walketh by the way, his wisdom faileth him, and he saith to every one that he is a fool.