Friday, December 9, 2011

“HE CALLED HIS NAME JESUS”

MI DAILY DEVOTION
FRIDAY
“HE CALLED HIS NAME JESUS”
(Matthew 1:25) “And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.”

But it was not Joseph who had the idea about the name. It was the angels who gave him (Joseph) the Name, but the origin was from the heart of God. CHRISTmas was God’s idea and in naming the Child. When I was growing up, I was so frustrated with my name. I don’t actually like my name because I thought I was the only “Ely” in the world and the world to come. I thought “Eli” in the Old Testament was the first and I would be the last “Eli” ever. But here in Michigan, I have a friend who loves the Lord and his name is “Eli”. If I would be given the opportunity to ask Joseph, my question would be... Was it 16 days before the first CHRISTmas day when you gave Him that Name, Joseph? Joseph Called His Name Jesus, because God appointed him to be the Savior of the world. He is our mediator and high priest. (Hebrews 8:1) “Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;” We must accept Jesus as our  Savior and trust Him as the only High Priest who can stand mediate for us in the Holy of holies, in the Kingdom of our Father. Joseph Called His Name Jesus, because He is the Author and Finisher of our faith. (Hebrews 12:2) “Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.” And Joseph Call His Name Jesus, because He came to set us free and to forgive us of our sins. (Matthew 1:21; John 8:36) 21- “And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.” 36- “If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.”