Thursday, December 8, 2011

JESUS- THE GOOD SHEPHERD IN THE MANGER

MI DAILY DEVOTION
THURSDAY
JESUS- THE GOOD SHEPHERD IN THE MANGER
(John 10:11) “I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.”

We picture the manger with a little baby on it; with Mary and Joseph watching over him. You have the animals, the wise men and the shepherds. But the Baby on that manger is Jesus the good Shepherd:
S- Savior of the world. (Isaiah 43:3; 11) “For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour...”
H- Healer of all kinds of diseases; be it physical, spiritual, emotional, mental or psychological. (Exodus 15:26; Psalm 100:3) “…I will put none of these diseases upon thee… for I am the LORD that healeth thee.”
E- Eternal God. Jesus is from everlasting to everlasting. (Deuteronomy 33:27) “The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms...”
P- Peace, Jesus is the Prince of Peace. (Isaiah 9:6- 7) “…The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.”
H- Hope, Jesus is our only hope and our blessed hope. (Titus 2:13) “Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;”
E- Elohim, Jesus is the Second Person of the Holy Trinity. (Genesis 1:1) Please check on Scofield Bible for commentary.
R- Redeemer, Praise God our Redeemer is alive and He reigns as King of kings and Lord of lords. (Job 19:25; Psalm 19:14; Isaiah 54:5) “For I know that my redeemer liveth…” “Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.”
D- Deliverer (Psalm 18:2) “The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer...”