Friday, December 2, 2011

WHAT WAS ON JOSEPH’S MIND 23 1/2 DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS?

MI DAILY DEVOTION
FRIDAY
WHAT WAS ON JOSEPH’S MIND 23 1/2 DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS?
(MATTHEW 1:16; 18) 16- “And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ. 18- Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.”

You may already know that Joseph was not the father in the flesh of the Lord Jesus Christ, because Jesus Christ was born of a virgin by the working of the Holy Spirit of God. But the relationship between Joseph and Mary was there already, although not into the highest extent such as the husband and wife relationship. “When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together…” If I were in Joseph’s shoes, I will have a mixed emotion. I will be emotionally hype because Jesus would be born in 23 and ½ days. I will be spiritually anxious because I’m going to serve God the Father as a father of the King of kings and the Lord of lords. I could be mentally drained by the time Mary will give birth, because I will be thinking day and night on how I could be a good father and be an example to Jesus. I should be Bible centered, Biblically right and focus, obtain God’s wisdom, knowledge and understanding. I also need to be filled with the Holy Spirit of God. Remember that 23 and ½ days is not enough for Joseph to think of so many things and many ways that he can do for that first CHRISTmas day. So as with those who are celebrating CHRISTmas with the wrong focus, wrong motive, and in a wrong person. What God want for us to do is to submit in His will and He will take care of the rest. (Matthew 1:24) “Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:”