Thursday, July 9, 2015

Five Bad Habits and...

 Five Bad Habits and Five Good Things I Needed to Write a Book 

This may sound different from your favorite author or writer who writes your favorite novel and books. These are not a publicity thing or a random article that I want for you to read. And I am not making this up or exaggerate the writing process of any project I have in mind to publish. 

Some author get their inspiration in writing in special events such as sports, concerts, or in a musical play or drama. Mr. Sylvester Stallone for example went home inspired from the boxing event and he wrote "Rocky" for 3 days which becomes a movie, and made him a big star. Some writer writes because they have to or because they get paid to do so. My friend who works for our local newspaper here in Michigan was sharing to me his load of works and deadline to submit for his editor. He writes because he get paid to do such. But on my part, I write because I love doing it, and I will keep on doing it as long as I live. But there are bad and good habits that I practice and do as a writer and when I'm writing.

The Five Bad Stuff I Needed

Good and Strong Coffee is a Must for Me When I Get Up in the Morning. It's not an option but a must. It makes my mind and my focus kicks in right to where it should be. Without it, I'll be like the waves of the sea or Ferris Wheel; unstable, stuck in one place, I have difficulties in working in one subject, and without direction or flow. No wonder most of my writings and editing were done in a coffee shops. Panera Bread have good coffee and great music too. I don't mind spending for coffee or breakfast and eating my lunch at the same place.

Pizza is a Good Meal for Me. I love pizza and I can have it 3 times a day 7 days a week. I'm health conscious by the way. The good thing I know that if I eat a lot of pizza, it means my conscience will bother me, therefore I will be forced to go to the gym and exercise. If all I will do is write the whole day, pizza is perfect on the table for me.

Dark or Light Chocolate is Great to Keep Me Awake. It's one of the best snack bar or in between food to consume during my busy times and days. It not only wakes you up but it also kicks you in! 

Peanut and Other Nuts are My Brain Kicker. It makes me feel like I'm  the smartest guy in the block when I have peanuts in my small pack. Enjoy what you like to have on the side while writing.

Ice Cream- any flavor will do for me. Sweet and cold is a good mix to a mixed up writer. I don't know how you perceive this phrase, but every time I write; the mixed emotion, the mixed up of words, mixed ideology and philosophies, and all other mixes will always play a big role. As we all know sweet will make you hyper. It helps.

You may have other habits that may not be healthy, but be sure not to overuse or abuse anything. Some writers and authors smoke a lot and becomes alcoholic because they cannot make their pen, (computer) and minds moving without cigarettes or alcoholic drinks by their side. I exercise moderation in my bad habits. The worst habit could be negligence, and the habit of procrastination.

The Five Good Things that I Want When Writing:

A Good Classical Music. Listening to good classical music like Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, Handel Messiah, or Pachelbel Canon in D- major will really makes me feel like I'm on the top of the mountain. Good Gospel or Christian songs is not an alternative for me. I personally get closer to a higher power (as the world would describe it) when I write and listens to great gospel music. It made me closer to God. I love listening to my daughter Eliel Lyn album's "Daylight Waits". It's always refreshing.

An Air Conditioned Room or a Quite and Breezy Place. I may consider it the best place, especially when you smell the aroma of flowers and fruits, and listen to the tweets or chirping of the birds in the air.

Wifi or Internet Access is a Necessity for Me. You can easily research and check on the Internet for word meanings, statistics, history, and other information. If I have Internet access, then I don't have to carry my small library with me. Be sure you're set on the net and not get stuck without the Internet.

A Nice Lap Top or Computer is a Must. Although it's good to have a pen, a notepad, and a printer is even better if needed, as well as your gadgets such as iPhone which is more handy.

A Place Close to the Park or Gym is a  Venue I Cannot Refuse. It has to be balanced. If you want to stay sharp, you have to take time to exercise. Your whole body gets heavy and you becomes lazy for lack of exercise. 

I encourage you to make a check list as you write to publish. Don't be afraid to call and check the Publishing companies such as Westbow Press, Zondervan, Crossway or Lifeway Publishing Companies for your manuscript to get moving to its direction. Get it done the way you want it and get the ball rolling for God, for your family, and your dream... By Ely Roque Sagansay

Ely Roque Sagansay is a self-published author with Westbow Press.
He is a minister for more than 3 decades.
His new book “The New Christmas Every Day” will soon be out.

Visit us at www.ely-roque-sagansay.com
Like and add us on Facebook- Ely Roque Sagansay or Mi Daily Devotion.
Follow us on Twitter- elyroquesagansa
Email: esagansay@yahoo.com