Thursday, July 30, 2015

Wisdom of the Day from Mi Daily Devotion

"The words of Agur the son of Jakeh, even the prophecy: the man spake unto Ithiel, even unto Ithiel and Ucal," (Proverbs 30:1 KJV)

I'm going to leave the conclusion to our readers with regards to what the different versions of the Bible says in relation to this verse. I wish for everyone to just keep it to yourself if discrepancy on your part is irresistible.

In ESV it says; "The words of Agur the son of Jakeh, even the prophecy: the man spake unto Ithiel, even unto Ithiel and Ucal," (Proverbs 30:1) But in NIV it says; "The sayings of Agur son of Jakeh- an inspired utterance. This man's utterance to Ithiel: "I am weary God, but I can prevail." 

In the Common Bible Version the expression is different; "The words of Agur, Jakeh's son, from Massa. The man declares: I'm tired God; I'm tired, God, and I'm exhausted." Whatever version you're using, the emotions of Agur manifested by his expression of intimacy in their friendship, and his closeness to God.- By Ely Roque Sagansay

Ely Roque Sagansay is a self-published author with Westbow Press. He is a minister for more than 3 decades. His new book “The New Christmas Every Day” will soon be out.

Visit us at www.ely-roque-sagansay.com
Like and add us on Facebook- Ely Roque Sagansay or Mi Daily Devotion.
Follow us on Twitter- elyroquesagansa
Email: esagansay@com