Monday, October 6, 2014

From Buddhist to Baptist (Christianity)


My daughter in law Judy Sagansay is the wife of my oldest son pastor Eliezer. They got married November 2013. I asked Judy if I could share her testimony on Mi Daily Devotion blog, and she agreed. Judy and Leakena shared their testimony during the worship service at International Community Christian Church before they were baptized today, Sunday, October 05, 2014.

“Today, I wanted to give my testimony, and I know a lot of you don't really know me. So, here's a little bit about background of myself and my family. My parents were both sponsored separately to come here in the USA from Cambodia. My father was from a Baptist church, and my mother from a Lutheran church. My parents stopped attending church after I was born. I was raised a Buddhist, but I've never felt a connection between myself and Buddha. I felt like it was more of a traditional thing than religion. Throughout my life, God tried to reach out to me through friends who invited me to Sunday school and Bible studies. I always felt a connection with God, because whenever I felt scared or sad when something’s going on in my life; I would just then pray to God about it. It was the day I met my best friend Eliezer, and he introduced me to the Lord. It was truly a long awaited blessing.

My mother in law (Mrs. Vemerlyn Sagansay) spoke to me about salvation. I remember it was August 29, 2009. Obviously, I have been saved for 5 years now. But to be baptized was always a question because I was never ready. I know it seems like a long time to wait after finding salvation with Jesus, but I wanted to wait for the perfect timing. To me, choosing to be baptized now is so important. And I'm happy that I am able to fully understand the meaning of turning over my life and choosing to follow God rather than being an infant, not knowing what is going on… It is my choice to become baptized, and I am grateful to have this opportunity given to me. So I stand here before my church members to say I am finally ready for this beautiful chapter in my life. Thank you and God bless you all!”