Thursday, October 2, 2014

My Parents Did Not Give Us All the Luxuries, the Leisure, and Pleasures of this Life

“32- He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?” (Romans 8:32 King James Version)

My parents did not give us all the luxuries, the leisure, and pleasures of this life; but they gave us way better than the former- the fear of God, Jesus, and good moral values. We were very poor when I was growing up, but they gave us wealth that money can’t buy- spiritual riches. They led us to God’s riches and grace that our rich next door neighbors failed to realize. Millions of people are longing for something missing in their lives that the great apostle Paul has the answer. “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:” (Ephesians 1:3 KJV)

I thought about this message when I was driving on our way to the church with my youngest son at the back seat. When I was young, we usually walk to church for more than a mile in an early Sunday morning. We seldom get a ride to church because the church has no bus ministry, and my parents don’t have the money for transportation. But in spite of my rebellion to my parents, they invested something that made me a man God wanted me to be. In God’s perspective, we may rebel against Him, and we may do what may pleases us while it displeases Him; but we cannot deny the fact of His investment, of His love and sacrifice for us all. He gave us His Son to reconcile us to Him. The Bible says; “10- For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 11- And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.” (Romans 5:10- 11 KJV)